Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Priyanka Chopra shares a poem in her father’s memory



Priyanka Chopra shares a poem in her father’s memory



PC, who is still coming to terms with the sudden demise of her father, Dr Ashok Chopra, took to Twitter to share a poem in his fond memory

Priyanka Chopra was closest to her dad and even has a tattoo ‘Daddy’s li’l girl’ inked on her wrist. Yesterday, the dusky actor took to twitter to express her feelings about how she was dealing with the loss of her father who succumbed to cancer and passed away on June 10. She tweeted a poem saying people never die, instead they reside in nature’s glory.

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.

When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.
- Mary Fyre
Besides being her family’s pillar of strength, Priyanka is proving that she is a thorough professional too. She has already resumed training for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Mary Kom biopic. May God give her all the strength and courage to get through these testing times.

No comments:

Post a Comment