Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Mahima Chaudhry: I want to make a comeback!



Mahima Chaudhry: I want to make 

a comeback!



The Pardes actor believes that Bollywood has changed a lot since she made her debut in 1997 and is looking for a good script to return to the industry

Mahima Chaudhry made her acting debut with Subhash Ghai’s 1997 movie Pardes for which she bagged the Filmfare Award for the Best Female Debut. 15 years and 20 films later, Mahima was on a sabbatical of sorts. It’s been five long years since we have seen her on the big screen, but she is now keen to make a comeback as she believes it is a good time to enter Bollywood again. “The industry has changed a lot. Many young directors are making path-breaking movies. Many women-centric scripts are being written. It is heartening to see that more women are playing the leads these days and carrying films entirely on their shoulders,” said Mahima.
BollywoodLife caught up with the 39-year-old at a plush Mumbai hotel. Mahima was on the jury of the 9th Retail Jeweller India Awards. “I think, besides Pardes which was a huge hit of the year (1997), I am proud to have done films like Lajja which gave many a women tremendous courage to fight against the various issues like dowry and women subjugation. I think we need to use movies as a platform to address such issues,” said Mahima.
So is the Pardes beauty planning to make a comeback? “Oh yes, if I come across a good script and an interesting plot I would like to be a part of it. I am looking for an opportunity that will allow me to portray a very hatke character,” she concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment